Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the men out there, especially in the music industry, who have worked hard to provide everything needed to their children. I especially cannot say this more than about my own father. I have him to thank for molding me into who I am. Not only that but he is the one that made me appreciate music. Some of my fondest memories consist of conversing about music with my dad and as a toddler; sitting near the speakers hooked to my dad's turntable, bopping to the beats omitting from whatever record was spinning on the table.


One artist in particular I've grown to love thanks to my dad's influence is Elton John. As a teeny tike, I remember browsing through my dad's vinyl collection and being completely fascinated by the artwork of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy.

So in honor of my father, here is a link to my favorite Elton John song, the beautiful and tragic Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2e4NlnLr28

No comments:

Post a Comment